Dermaroller® produces thousands of very fine needle columns (0.1mm wide and 1.5mm deep) into the upper surface of the skin. This stimulates a repair process, which induces new collagen formation and an improved blood supply. This process results in improved skin texture, volume, and a more youthful appearance.
What can Dermaroller treat?
Fine lines and wrinkles
Sun damaged skin
Mild acne scarring
What is the procedure?
- A detailed consultation
- Skin is cleansed and disinfected
- Topical local anesthetic cream is applied for comfort
- Dermaroller® is applied to the skin
- The skin will look red and sunburnt (pinpoint bleeding is observed)
- Creams and antioxidants are then applied to skin to improve the healing process
- We recommend that you only gently cleanse for 48 hours after the treatment
- Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Sun cream is advised for 6 weeks after the treatment